Saturday, December 6, 2008

Rihanna at the AMAs




When I saw Riri on the red carpet at the American Music Awards this year, I thought-- wow her makeup is amazing!! Right away, I started rummaging through my makeup collection to create that look on myself.

Since I'm a bonafied MAC-aholic, I pulled out All That Glitters, Folie, Saddle and Gold Dusk eyeshadows. Grabbed MAC's Honor and Nars' Orgasm for my cheeks. I thought MAC's Song and Dance (Little Darlings Holiday Collection) would do the trick for my lips. Hmm . . . the look was cute but not quite the same -- :(

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, thanks to Specktra Forum Member (specktra), Azia I found out EXACTLY what Rihanna's makeup artist used!! Azia interviewed Mylah Morales and here is the list:

FACE:
  • Giorgio Armani Designer Shaping Cream Foundation SPF 20 -- $50
  • La Mer The Powder -- $65
EYES
  • Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer (as a concealer) -- $45
  • Dior Palette Neutral -- $55
  • Red Cherry Lashes-- varies --$2-5
  • Shu Uemura Hard Formula brow pencil --$22
  • Cover Girl Exact EyeLights Eye Brightening Mascara in Black Ruby-- $7
CHEEKS
  • Nars Super Orgasm ( almost got it) -- $25
  • GlowFusion® Micro-Tech™ Intuitive Active Bronzer-- $40
LIPS
  • Cover Girl Trushine Lipcolor in Brillo Delila (couldn't find this one)
Don't know about you, but the economy is chomping at a girl's purse and X-mas is right around the corner. So, spending over $300 on this beautiful luxe look is outta the question -- OKAAYY! You definitely can recreate this look w/ drugstore products like --

Revlon's Colorstay Foundation
Physician's Formula' Baked Collection in Baked Sands Eyeshadow
NYX makes some great lipsticks and glosses
Try Milani for a bronzer!

until next time!

No comments: